Declaration of Independence (1692)
In 1692, the Sith Thyrsa of North America reacted against the witch trials in the Massachusetts Bay Colony by declaring their independence from the Crown, and threating to withdraw their protection on the Wrecca inhabitants from the Skrælings.
Declaration of Independence of Children of Gramarye
1) We, the Lords and Ladies of Gramarye having never imposed our will upon Extraneans who surround us, but in light of the events transpiring in the Province of Massachusetts Bay, we keep silent no more.
2) We remind you the Skrælings are held at bay only by the force of our Gramarye, and we allowed your colonies to flourish in our land without tribute.
3) In our treaty signed October 7, 1691, WILLIAM & MARY by the grace of God King and Queene of England, Scotland, France, and Ireland, Defenders of the Faith, and the Royal Governor of the Province of Massachusetts agreed the Children of Gramarye would be untouched by your laws.
4) Since this treaty’s abrogation by the trials convening in February, 1692, we exercise our rights under the treaty to take as a possession the lands of Vinland, Markland, and Helluland as independent and sovereign states.
5) All sovereign power and authority over the children of Gramarye within the territories of Vinland, Markland, and Helluland is hereby to reside entirely and exclusively in the Lords and Ladies of Gramarye and the governments they shall institute in their territory, who also declare that they will permit legislative authority over the extraneans under their care.
6) Vinland, Markland, and Helluland will not exercise authority over the extraneans so long as they refrain from persecuting, harming, or interfering with our sovereign states. Should this mercy be rejected as our earlier treaty was, then the land and all within shall become to the lawful property of our states to dispense with as we see deem appropriate.
7) In return for the continuing existence of you colonies, the sovereign states of Vinland, Markland, and Helluland shall draft codes of secrecy, revealing our true natures only to those of your citizens who are touched by Gramarye. We reserve the right to construct and enforce these codes in ways and manners of our choosing.